Valorant Patch 3.08 is now live and includes a collection of new social and progression updates for players’ accounts while also addressing several gameplay bugs that have affected maps and weapons.
The update now features a notification option that will alert players to let them know that Riot Games has taken action against their reports, whether they’re offline or not, including feedback regarding the initial report.
This patch removes 🕷️ that were haunting your game, you can now hide your Account Level from the 👻 in ranked, and we added persistent feedback on your player reports. Read Patch Notes 3.08: https://t.co/La3FBqEeoSpic.twitter.com/mGwfp2ES76
— VALORANT (@PlayVALORANT) October 19, 2021
3.08 also brings with it several account progression updates including the ability to equip any Account Level Border that has been unlocked as well as an option to hide a personal Account Level when in a match with other players. Meanwhile, an update to the in-game Valorant store now allows players to equip any skin level except on variants–which will always default to the max skin level.
As for performance changes, Riot has reduced instances where the game’s UI is invalidated and have lowered the amount of times the UI needed to update itself, which will now save performance costs.
By doing so, Viper’s Poison Cloud and Pit ability have been optimized along with some weapon and ability clipping calculations. Viper’s Ultimate will also no longer spawn incorrectly when placed on top of the shipping crates on B Site on the Icebox map.
A plethora of bugs have also been addressed and fixed, including a bug where the valves on Viper’s gloves would not appear on her correct hand in Left Hand Mode. The update also patches an issue where Attackers at A Lobby on the Split map would hear gunshots from Defenders from another location.
Esports coaches now have the ability to swap to players with keybinds, see what keybindings the players have during a match, and more.
Valorant 3.08 Patch Notes
- Your reports matter, and we want you to know that! You will now be notified if we took action on one of your reports, whether you are offline or not
- If your client is up and running, you’ll receive a notification. If you’re offline at the time of action, fret not! You’ll receive your notification upon your return
- You will be able to equip any Account Level Border that has been unlocked
- A tab has been added to Playercard selection
- It’s now possible to hide your Account Level when in a match with others who are not your friends
- To enable, uncheck the box located in the Level Border tab
- You should be able to equip any skin level except on variants, which will always default to the max skin level
- Reduced instances where UI is invalidated
- Basically, lowered the amount of times the UI needed to update itself, thus saving performance costs.
- Optimized Viper’s Poison Cloud 1P HUD
- Optimized Viper’s Pit 1P HUD
- Optimized weapon and ability clipping plane calculations
- Coaches now have the ability to swap to players with keybinds
- Keybinds are 1-5 from left to right across the top HUD.
- Coaches will now see a visual PIP (a small demarcated dot) on the top player HUD to indicate who they are spectating
- Coaches now inherit the setting to see player keybindings on the minimap, similar to Observers
- The valves on Viper’s gloves now appear on the correct side of her hands in Left Hand Mode
- Weapon skins should now appear correctly in-game
- You may have occasionally seen some funkiness with Skins over the past few weeks. This was occurring, rarely, when playing on a slower connection due to an extended loading period
- Attackers at A Lobby in Split could previously hear gunshots from the A Ramps during the buy phase—this was unintended and is now fixed
- Viper’s Ultimate will no longer spawn incorrectly when placed on top of the shipping crates on B site located on Icebox
- Observers can now correctly see player outlines through barriers
- Fixed hitch that could occur when Barrier Orb breaks
- Fixed hitches for certain input prompts
- Fixed a bug where using Ping (Z) while defusing caused you to stop defusing